Wednesday, May 11, 2016

MovieREV: UNFRIENDED



California teenager Laura Barns (Heather Sossaman) commits suicide when she's called "a slut" and a "waste of life" after one of her classmates posts an embarrassing video of her online to shame her. Her suicide is also captured on video and posted online.

A year later, an anonymous person uses Laura's Skype account to contact six of her friends to demand that whichever one of them posted the shaming video online come forward and admit it. When no one confesses, the anonymous person types "Tell me who posted the video...or someone dies." When they all claim to be innocent, frightening things begin to occur.

*******

My Quick Thoughts: I love when Unfriended brings something new to the table because everything is entirely through a laptop screen share of the main cast, Blaire Lily. It is something new for me to catch up when all the tabs are up on her screen, I need to rewind to know each that she does, afraid that I might miss out something. We can see everything and those millions tabs that she had opened.

Where it makes up in for that is cyber bullying but Unfriended really brings it to people heart in 2015. The character dynamics are interesting when they decided to reveal the story as a very real thing. It relate with the teenagers problem nowadays.

The only thing that annoyed me is when I need to catch up all the ads and entire browsing tab that the cast opened. When the panic starts, I need to keep my eye focus on each of tab to make sure that I understand whats happening right now. However, despite that, it still sure stays as nasty and tasty thriller happened in one night. Simple, easy and they all die. HAHA


I shall give these 4 stars so far for the truest tale that has ever been taken into scripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...